Whether it’s a wall, floor, slab, or countertop, chances are you’ll need to drill a hole or two for electrical or plumbing to run through it. While core drills are available to cut holes as large as 60” in diameter, the most common need is for smaller holes for pipe or conduit. That’s why a hand-held core drill is a handy piece of equipment to have in your toolbox.
Safety Tips and Guidelines
While they may look like an oversize shop drill, these tools are much more powerful, and with that power come some extra safety concerns. Before you or a member of your crew uses a hand-held core drill motor, be sure you follow these safety guidelines.
- Read the operating manual and understand the drill’s safety requirements
- Make sure all equipment is in good condition and working order
- Identify any shock hazards and eliminate them
- Locate and avoid any electrical or gas lines when cutting
- Remove any clutter or obstructions on each side of the surface to be cut
- When drilling through a suspended surface, be sure people and things won’t be damaged by falling cores
- Wear protective gear including safety glasses, hearing protection, leather gloves, and safety footwear
- Don’t wear loose clothing or jewelry that can get caught or snagged
- Keep hands away from all moving parts
- Use braces, drill stands or supports for heavy motors to avoid injury and ensure precise cuts
- Always use a proper bit in good condition for both safety and precision
Following these simple, commonsense precautions will give professional results and keep your worksite safe.
Ace Cutting Equipment is your source for rugged, reliable hand-held core cutting equipment and supplies. We have hand-held core drill motors in all sizes to cover your core drilling needs. Our diamond-tipped core bits are made for both wet and dry drilling through concrete, brick, block and other hard dense material.
Whatever your coring and cutting requirement may be, equipment and tools from Ace Cutting Equipment are your choice for top-quality results. Our people know how to match cutting and coring products to your project’s needs. For more information, give us a call at (888) 283-2597 or email email@example.com.
Have Questions about this Product? Call us at (888) 283-2597 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help with any questions you may have.